Project Controls Specialist
- Job type:Contract
This is an excellent opportunity to get onboard with one of the global leaders in engineering and project management. My client has an urgent need for 2 Project Controls Specialists for their Concord, CA office.
They are offering competitive compensation and long-term opportunity. The project requires Project Controls Specialists with excellent communication and P6 skills that can support and develop a new program for construction projects spanning multiple years. Ideal candidates will possess both scheduling and cost experience (Excel, SAP). Estimating experience is beneficial, but not required.
- Responsible for engineering, procurement and construction planning, scheduling, logistics and cost control.
- Analyze project controls reports, present findings and provide recommendations to the project controls team.
- Ensure project set-up in the Enterprise Planning & Controls software.
- Analyze data; review logs; and run reports in the Enterprise Planning & Controls software or other tools.
- Set up Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Ensure budget tracking against Purchase Orders or Subcontracts.
- Manage the internal Enterprise Planning & Controls software.
- Report accurate updates to cost reports or forecasts.
- Develop and present a cash flow report.
- Develop Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 schedules.
- Ensure the entry of logic ties within the schedules.
- Create various schedule reports and determine appropriate reporting format.
- Consult with project controls team on schedule progress.
- Responsible for monitoring resource loading of a schedule.
- Develop and present earned value tracking document.
- Analyze and report on data from Oracle Primavera P6.
- Develop pre-programmed project scheduling reports in P6 and review and analyze back-up documentation for accuracy.
- Manage integrated data from one program to another.
- Responsible for ensuring quality checks and inspections on project controls deliverables.
- Serves as a point of contact for technical questions from APM's, PM's, Lead Engineers, or Construction staff.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- A minimum of 4 years of direct project controls experience.
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and analytically, and make quick and sound decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Oracle Primavera P6.